Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
10/28/20 at 13:32:04
News: Welcome to the Buff Backers Forums.
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Solid win against the Dawgs (Read 449 times)
Buff 87
Administrator

Go Buffs!

Solid win against the Dawgs
11/23/19 at 23:25:07

The defense is improving and the offense did enough, great win.  I was really impressed with the defensive play calling, lots of pressure but mixed it up.  Montez really played his heart out, the catch by Shenault, the pitch as Montez was falling down, some really good stuff.  Utah is going to be hard and the team doesn't play as well on the road but things do seem to be improving.  I like what HCMT is cooking.

View Profile   IP Logged
snowman33
Buff Backer Senior

Go Buffs!

Re: Solid win against the Dawgs
Reply #1 - 11/25/19 at 07:27:22

Huge win for the Buffs!! I know it might be asking too much to go into Utah and beat a great Utes team but hopefully we can pull off the upset and get to a bowl game. I was so impressed with our defense on Saturday and our offense moved the ball very well and got first downs when we needed them. Steven Montez showed incredible toughness as usual and played very well. Viska made big plays and we had a great team rushing attack. Hopefully we can shock the college football world this Saturday. I'm so glad this game is meaningful for our team because I think it will bring the best out of them. Utah is really good but if we play like we did on Saturday we will have a chance to win. Go Buffs!!!!!!

Shoulder to Shoulder
View Profile   IP Logged
SFBuff
Buff Backer Junior

No Corn!

Reply #2 - 11/26/19 at 12:11:54

I'll give it to Snowman33; he called this game as one the Buffs could win.  When I read his post; I smiled thinkin' he had enjoyed a bit too much Kool-Aid but he was right.  

Are the Utes really impossible?  No, 1980 USA Hockey team had a harder road; so anything is possible.  More importantly, it looks like Tucker and the team are headed in the right direction.  Hopefully the recruiting class will reflect the optimism in Boulder.

View Profile   IP Logged
snowman33
Buff Backer Senior

Go Buffs!

Reply #3 - 11/27/19 at 08:17:26

Haha, you know how I am. I'm always seeing things through black and gold glasses! I just think this group of guys is capable of beating really good teams if we play our game. That's why I give us a chance heading into SLC. We played Washington better than Utah did. Against UW, CU had 430 yards of offense to 238 for UW while Utah had 399 to UW's 369. We also got to the QB much more than a very good Utah defense did. I know they played them in Seattle which makes their win more impressive but I'm just saying that we have reasons to think we can go into SLC and pull off the upset. Go Buffs!!!

Shoulder to Shoulder
View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print