Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
12/13/18 at 04:47:33
News: We've upgraded to YaBB 2.1!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Mel Tucker is the new coach (Read 35 times)
Buff 87
Administrator

Go Buffs!

Mel Tucker is the new coach
12/06/18 at 08:53:56

Yup, old news but nobody else posted.  Our last DC we hired to be HC was pretty successful, I hope it happens again.  Tucker does seem to check all the boxes.

View Profile   IP Logged
MECU
Buff Backer Junior

Go Buffs! '04

Re: Mel Tucker is the new coach
Reply #1 - 12/06/18 at 20:50:53

My only concern is he hasn't been a head coach, save for an interim experience in 2011 for the NFL Jaguars going 2-3. That's not a lot. See VJ as to why this matters.

I did like his demeanor though. He wasn't all "rah rah" but very stoic, for lack of a better term.

I watched the video of him touring the facilities while waiting for the show today, and that was my first look at all that. Wow. I didn't know they had built all that, and all that, and well, all that. Anyone know who the other gentlemen that was with him, and fairly close to him (physically), talking to him but never on the audio? Rick George was talking half the time but it was someone else. It seemed a little odd to me is all and I don't recognize him.

Regardless, 6 wins next year is a prayer. I'm always down on a team with a new head coach. But a 5 year contract to get "his" players in and develop seems standard, but best we could hope is 3 seasons from now, 2021, is when we see what he can do with "his" players and if all the smoke today matters.

RockyPrep - High School Football
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print