Welcome, Guest. Please Login.
11/19/19 at 21:58:33
News: We've upgraded to YaBB 2.1!
Home Help Search Login

Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
The Buffs would be winning if not 5 TOs (Read 616 times)
Buff 87
Administrator

Go Buffs!

The Buffs would be winning if not 5 TOs
11/24/18 at 18:42:20

Montez just looks pissed and is not playing well because of it.  Sad, this team should have been so much more this season.

View Profile   IP Logged
Buff 87
Administrator

Go Buffs!

Re: The Buffs would be winning if not 5 TOs
Reply #1 - 11/24/18 at 20:32:29

Cal is terrible, no doubt the Buffs would have won if they could have cut the mistakes just in half.  At least the Buffs finished with a better record that either the Rams or the Huskers.  One must find solace where one can.  I hope we finally hire a coach that can recruit and win.

View Profile   IP Logged
snowman33
Buff Backer Senior

Go Buffs!

Reply #2 - 11/25/18 at 17:48:32

I can’t wait to see who we bring in. I think we’re ready to take the next big step to being consistent winners. There are a lot of good candidates out there but I’m not sure who I want to take over. I like Ryan Day, the OC for Ohio State. I think he could do wonders with our playmakers.

Shoulder to Shoulder
View Profile   IP Logged
Chilly
Buff Backer Junior

Go Buffs!

Reply #3 - 11/27/18 at 21:30:23

This year was a total kick in the nuts.  i don't know how to better describe it.

I don't think I have ever seen a team have such an epic collapse.  I am still shocked we are not in a bowl game after going 5-0 to start the season.

I don't like the way MM handled his last press conferences either.  It definitely changed my perception about him a bit.  I think if he looks back on his 6 years with any level of objectivity he should see he did not get the job done and was given plenty of time to do so.  Did he improve the program, no question yes, but that was half the job.  

He could not get over the hump and this year showed that 2016 was the exception not the rule.

Of the names I am hearing I like Holgorsen the best.  

One name i wish would get some attention is Skip Holtz.   I know everyone I talk to thinks I am crazy, but look at his career in total.  

Overall      133–104
Bowls      6–3

He wins more than he loses and he wins bowl games.  Outside of his short time at USF he has been over .500 everywhere he has been.  

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skip_Holtz

I have always been surprised he hasn't been given a chance at a bigger gig.  I know going for a non-P5 coach is against what most fans are looking for, but this is not a non-P5 coach who has only won for a few years.  This is a coach who has been a HC for 19 years and won close to 60% of the time in those 19 years, and should have the connections to put together a very good staff.

« Last Edit: 11/27/18 at 21:36:50 by Chilly »  
View Profile   IP Logged
MECU
Buff Backer Junior

Go Buffs! '04

Reply #4 - 12/03/18 at 19:54:13

He doesn't have "big time" college football (coaching) experience in the last 15 years.

RockyPrep - High School Football
View Profile WWW   IP Logged
Buff 87
Administrator

Go Buffs!

Reply #5 - 12/04/18 at 21:07:12

All indications point to the next coach will be Georgia defensive coordinator Mel Tucker.  Thoughts?

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print