Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Total disaster (Read 117 times)
Buff 87
Administrator

Go Buffs!

Total disaster
10/13/18 at 23:10:00

It is like they forgot how to play football.  At 28-7 I don't see a comeback.  Are we this bad or do they just have it in their heads they cannot beat USC?

View Profile   IP Logged
Chilly
Buff Backer Junior

Go Buffs!

Re: Total disaster
Reply #1 - 10/14/18 at 15:42:17

This one is on Chev.  His game plan got exposed and he was unable to adjust.    

He has used the same game plan all season and it worked against lesser talent, but last night this team was consistently in 3 and long and behind schedule.  

USC D played disciplined for the most part and didn't let themselves get pulled out of position by the misdirections. When that is happening you have to take  it down field.  They were ready for the sideline to sideline style and we never challenged them deep.  I don't understand why?

The defense did everything it should to help them win this game.  Two INT that didn't even turn into first downs, and the clock management to end the first half was a total disappointment.   No reason we should not have come out of that with at least a field goal. but you have to be willing to use your time outs.

D played well for most of the night except the final 5 minutes of the 1st half.  I can't blame them.  The offense and more specifically the offensive game plan let them down.

If Chev doesn't learn from this UW is gong to be a beat down.  

« Last Edit: 10/14/18 at 15:47:41 by Chilly »  
View Profile   IP Logged
Buff 87
Administrator

Go Buffs!

Re: Total disaster
Reply #2 - 10/14/18 at 21:01:00

I agree, Chev needed to open it up, stretch the field and let Montez run.  If they don't do this against Washington it is going to be a long day.  These teams are too fast to only stretch the field sideline to sideline.

View Profile   IP Logged
Pages: 1
Send Topic Print